GEA recently announced the release of its STR Series Manure Semi-Tanker, designed to allow a semi-truck to haul the manure tanker on roadways and – when appropriate – straight onto fields for spreading.
The STR’s stainless steel non-circular reservoir uses internal baffles for excellent stability on the road and has a road-proven undercarriage manufactured by Manac.
Other features include:
– a 30-foot long incorporated hydraulic boom which double as a spreader;
– a rotative valve and spreading nozzle;
– control lever functions or intuitive wireless remote control;
– 11 models available with two, three or four axles, 40 to 47 feet (12.2 to 14.32 meters);
– long reservoirs and capacities from 5,900 to 10,500 gallons.
In addition, the STR Semi-Tanker models are designed in compliance with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) standards, Transport Canada and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines for vehicle configuration and gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR).
This article originally appeared on AGCanada.com.